XDS – Xpeedic RF System Design and Simulation Platform
The forthcoming rollout of 5G, AI technologies and continued mass adoption of IoT is rapidly gaining boarder acceptance from market. However, the new RF bands (sub-6 GHz and mm-waves) and advanced SiP packaging pose big challenges for the industry. Also, multiple filter technologies IPD/SAW/BAW are needed for RF FE due to the varying performance and frequency requirements when higher frequencies coupled with the increasing design integration and complexity of 5G. The traditional EDA design approach is insufficient for modern design. Xpeedic Design System (XDS) is a dedicated EDA platform for RF system design and filter-centric RF front-end design, its unique schematic-layout and IC-PKG-System co-simulation flow help designer maximize design efficiency by reducing system design iteration.
XDS is the leading EDA platform across all design phases including schematic to layout as well as IC-PKG-System and Circuit-EM co-simulation for RFFE filters and RF system to optimize performance, cost and time-to-market; Accelerated 3D planar EM solver based on the Method of Moment (MoM Solver) delivers the best performance in both speed and accuracy. It captures all the conductor and dielectric effects which are crucial for RF and microwave design; As a dedicated EDA platform for filter design, synthesis and optimization, XDS built-in COM Engine and filter PDK modeling capabilities enable a powerful and easy-to-use interface to simulate IPD filters and acoustic filters including SAW, TC-SAW and BAW filters; XDS supports versatile parametric, optimization, tuning, DOE and yield analysis algorithms to quick explore parameter influence on the performance of RF module and system; XDS Smith Chart allows easy calculation of the transformation of a complex load impedance through lumped resister, inductors, capacitors and transformers, and provides easy to use interface for impedance matching.
Xpeedic Design System (XDS) is a dedicated platform for RFIC, RF module, RF filters and RF system simulation, parametric sweep, Tuning, DOE and Yield analysis across all phases from schematic to layout.
- Provides multidimensional co-simulation flow across from schematic to layout for RF system design, including IC-PKG-System level, Circuit-EM level and schematic-layout level co-design.
- Dedicated flow for BAW/SAW filter-centric RF front-end designs, built-in multiple filter topologies, mBVD model, mason model and COM model.
- Accelerated 3D planar EM solver based on the Method of Moment (MoM Solver) and 2D FEM RLGC Solver delivers the best performance in both speed and accuracy from DC to THz. Linear Network Analyzer and COM Engine are indispensable for filter design.
- Built-in multiple advanced parametric, optimization, tuning, DOE and yield analysis algorithms to enable designers to optimize and tuning RF and microwave system design.
- Provides powerful S-parameter post-processing capabilities and easy to use Smith Chart toolkit for impedance matching.