ViaExpert——Via Modeling and Simulation
The impedance discontinuity in the signal path has a very significant impact on the signal integrity of the high-speed channel. When designing a mid-range clock, a three-dimensional full-wave electromagnetic field simulation algorithm must be used to simulate the discontinuous effect of vias in the high-speed transmission channel. ViaExpert is a three-dimensional full-wave electromagnetic field simulation software that provides a fast and accurate method to analyze the impact of vias on simulation results, and check the signal integrity index parameters of key signals, including differential loss, return loss and crosstalk.
• It has built-in multiple pre-simulation templates, mainstream connector templates and overlay databases to support rapid 3D modeling, simulation analysis and performance optimization.
• Support layout editing through 2D window, quickly create and modify simulation models, and add / edit ports for locations such as wiring, through holes, and pads.
• Support custom restriction zone function, the shape of the restriction zone can be defined by drawing.
• Support adding structures such as solder balls, solder tin, and teardrops.
• Support parametric scanning functions, such as parametric scanning and optimization simulation of physical parameters of vias and transmission lines. Definable parameters include physical parameters of various templates such as anti-pad size, backdrill depth, outlet layer, etc.
• Integrated three-dimensional full-wave electromagnetic field simulation engine FEM3D solver supports any three-dimensional structure simulation.